Work at Mad Catz:
Mad Catz is committed to creativity, industry-leading innovation and design excellence. Think you have what it takes to be a part of this team? We may have an opening for you. Click on the job titles below for more information. Interested in working at Mad Catz? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mad Catz prefers to receive applications directly and very rarely hires candidates through agencies. If you are a recruiter or agency representative, please do not send unsolicited resumes and do not attempt to contact a hiring manager or any other employee directly. Any attempt to speak with managers and employees about recruiting services for our positions will greatly decrease the chance of future assignments for the recruiter, their agency, and possibly any candidates they have presented. Mad Catz will not pay any fees for candidates hired through unsolicited resumes. To be considered as a recruiting resource, please contact us at email@example.com.
Mac Developer in Magor (South Wales)
Mad Catz Inc is a worldwide leader of innovative peripherals in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is focused on continued growth within PC Gaming, Console and Video Game Accessories as well as Audio products. The company boasts lots of exciting growth opportunities with its strong brand portfolio including Mad Catz, Saitek, and Tritton as well as its significant licensing business with other leading brands.
We are looking for an experienced Mac Developer to join our team and play a crucial role in delivering successful products. Based in our Research and Development Offices in Magor (South Wales) you will be responsible for developing Mac OS drivers and User Iinterfaces, software plugins and development test tools for our cutting edge consumer products.
- To design cost effective consumer products that meet our exacting technical and quality requirements.
- To be an active and effective member of a multi-disciplinary team, developing high and low level software, including a hands-on role in system specification and design, testing, and release.
- To ensure the timely delivery of fully documented working prototypes, assist in the development and support of system SDK’s, etc. as required, which satisfy the technical and marketing specifications.
- To provide full documentation of all software and control of software releases.
- To assist in the design and development of software and game plugin code to support Mad Catz products running on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and Gaming Consoles.
- To ensure close liaison with the Software, Firmware, Electronics and Mechanical teams
- Technical investigation and promotion of product concepts utilising new technologies particularly those that will/may reduce cost or improve quality in current products
- Initial development of prototype systems
- Ensure high design quality and maintainability through good practice, peer review, clear documentation, testing and thorough verification
- Integration with Software/Electrical/Electronic/Firmware systems.
- Develop and test product development and testing software tools.
- Monitor and effectively communicate project status, business issues and any significant developments to senior management team
- Manage consultants, technical contacts and mentor software team in Asia
- Monitoring, support and compliance with internal/external hardware and software standards
- Strive to ensure that designs are reliable and will perform consistently across a range of operating environments.
- Overseas travel occasionally required. Mainly USA and Far East (eg China, Hong Kong, Taiwan).
- Proactive and highly self-motivated to get things done
- Highly organised, ability to meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Good attention to detail and quality conscious
Qualifications (Relevant education, experience, and knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Good Software/Computing/Microsystems degree or equivalent
- 5+ years experience ideally working on consumer related technologies
- Experience of working in small multi-disciplined teams.
- Knowledge and experience of the complete software life cycle
- Real time system design & implementation
- Objective C and HTML required. C#, .NET experience useful.
- Mac OS programming skills essential. Unix/Linux, Windows SDK and Windows programming experience beneficial.
- No language/OS/hardware prejudices and experience of repositories
- Experience of short product life cycles
- Detailed technical investigation & promotion of Product Concepts utilizing new technologies
- Methodical, detailed and structured with a strong process driven approach
- Adaptable and resilient with a positive attitude towards change
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure without supervision, constantly seeking to learn more and contribute in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of dealing with Far Eastern manufacturing an advantage
- Knowledge and passion for video gaming a big plus
- Willing and able to travel overseas, mainly Asia and USA.
We can offer a competitive package determined on experience and qualifications. If you possess the professional talent, think you’ve got what it takes, please send your CV to jobs_EMEA@madcatz.com. Please include the job title in the email subject field.
European Inventory Planner (Milton Keynes, UK)
Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (NYSE MKT/TSX: MCZ) is a global provider of innovative interactive entertainment products marketed under its Mad Catz® (gaming), Tritton® (audio), and Saitek® (simulation) brands. Mad Catz products cater to passionate gamers across multiple platforms including next generation gaming consoles, Windows® PC and Mac® computers, smartphones, tablets and other connected devices. Mad Catz distributes its products through its online store as well as distribution via many leading traditional and online retailers around the globe.
The European Inventory Planner works with the EU sales team on forecasts, consolidate those numbers, place purchase orders and work with the global supply chain teams to bring in enough product just in time to meet demand. This role monitors inventory levels for EU and ensures they meet company targets.
- Inventory Management (receipts, transfers, allocations)
- Meet and maintain agreed targets for on time delivery to customers
- Ensure the clearance of obsolete stocks by liaising with the sales team
- Monitor changes of demand and react to promotions and sales activities
- Maintain a high level of communication with factories to avoid stock shortages and to acquire / provide information concerning production problems
- Review the supply chain processes, with the aim of identifying areas for improvement
- Provide statistical reports as required
- Review planning and sales forecasts regularly to ensure a high quality
- Forecasting/demand planning.
- Liaise with sales teams to manage forecasting process and communicate inventory requirements.
- Manage defective inventory to ensure timely return to vendors.
- Month End reporting tasks (inventory balances, backorders etc).
- Take ownership of EU logistics relationships (warehousing and freight).
- Pre-approval of accounts payable invoices relating to freight and warehousing.
- Be a team player and pitch in where needed.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Experience of planning / forecasting environment
- Experience of logistics / inventory environment
- Highly numerate / analytical
- Very good organisational skills
- Able to prioritise well
- High level of Excel literacy
- Good oral and written communicator
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to meet tight time schedules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Access
- Proactive self-starter able to take lead on projects and handle multiple tasks on a daily basis
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Able to be successful in an entrepreneurial team-based environment
- Great attitude, flexible, adaptable, and willing to help out where needed.
Mad Catz offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. If you possess the professional talent and meet the above mentioned qualifications, and you think you’ve got what it takes, send your resume to jobs_EMEA@madcatz.com
Please include job title in the email subject field; local candidates preferred.
ALL ABOUT THE GAME