Work at Mad Catz:
Mad Catz is committed to creativity, industry-leading innovation and design excellence. Think you have what it takes to be a part of this team? We may have an opening for you. Click on the job titles below for more information. Interested in working at Mad Catz? Send your resume to email@example.com
Mad Catz prefers to receive applications directly and very rarely hires candidates through agencies. If you are a recruiter or agency representative, please do not send unsolicited resumes and do not attempt to contact a hiring manager or any other employee directly. Any attempt to speak with managers and employees about recruiting services for our positions will greatly decrease the chance of future assignments for the recruiter, their agency, and possibly any candidates they have presented. Mad Catz will not pay any fees for candidates hired through unsolicited resumes. To be considered as a recruiting resource, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Product Designer in Magor (South Wales)
We are currently looking for an ambitious and motivated Principal Product Designer to join our team. You will be buzzing with creativity and keen to see your ideas develop from concept into best selling products as well as having leadership skills and background of making an impact through driving new ideas. The successful candidate will be based in our Research and Development offices in Magor, South Wales. So, if you can fulfil the requirements below we would like to hear from you.
- You should have a degree in Industrial Design, mechanical or manufacturing engineering and 7+ years of high quality, relevant experience of applying industrial design throughout the product development process.
- You have excellent sketching and visualisation skills, and extensive experience of 3D modelling (Solidworks/Alias preferred) with great communication and presentation skills.
- You are willing and able to undertake international travel when appropriate (Predominantly to the Far East and USA)
- You understand a broad range of production processes with the ability to tackle engineering problems and devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
We can offer a competitive package determined on experience and qualifications. If you possess the professional talent, think you’ve got what it takes, please send your CV and examples from your current portfolio to jobs_EMEA@madcatz.com. Please include the job title in the email subject field. PLAY HARDER… PLAY TOGETHER… PLAY BETTER! Mad Catz’ corporate head office is in San Diego, USA and we have sales and development offices throughout Europe and the Far East.
Human Resources Manager – APAC Location: Nanshan China
Mad Catz (NYSE MKT: MCZ) is a global provider of innovative interactive entertainment products marketed under its Mad Catz® (gaming), Tritton® (audio), and Saitek® (simulation) brands. We are seeking energetic, outgoing professionals who value teamwork, creativity and a casual yet fast-paced work environment. This Human Resources Manager – APAC is a hands-on position that is responsible for all aspects of human resource management for the employees in the APAC Region, specifically Hong Kong, China, Japan, and any potential growth in the region. Duties including but not limited to recruitment, induction, development and termination, performance management, facilitating the process of setting benefit and compensation packages, recommend and implement approved employee policies and procedures effectively, and comply with relevant local employment law and taxation requirements. This role has direct responsibility for managing the human resources and administration team within the region. This position reports functionally to the Director of Human Resources at Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA USA and to the Senior Manager of Finance and Administration in Hong Kong. This position will be based in the Nanshan China office with occasional days in Hong Kong as required and visits to remote offices only when necessary. Responsibilities
- Act as the key human resources business partner for the region; diagnose, discuss and resolve regional needs.
- Provide comprehensive human resources coverage of day to day operations ensuring the efficient delivery of salary payments, salary adjustment, recruitment processes, and the accuracy of employee data records (including preparation, distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balance, headcount, and retirement contribution reports).
- Establish, maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes are communicated, entered correctly and made on timely basis, review changes for proper authorization and adherence to internal human resources policies and procedures including compliance with local employment laws.
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters such as employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files.
- Ensure all payroll and pay-related activities are processed timely and accurately.
- Manage the full lifecycle of the recruitment process, including training hiring managers on screening, interviewing, negotiating, and closing the hire
- Carry out a reference check of new hires by obtaining documentation such as resumes, education certificates, professional awards, reference letter from present or past employers, and last salary proof
- Explain the organization’s employment notice and procedures and provide induction plan (if any) to the new hires.
- Interpret, advise and assist employees and managers regarding cooperative agreement application, leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines
- Manage employee relations issues by coaching employees and supervisors with the interpretation and fair application of company policies and procedures; facilitates and participates in employee corrective action meetings to effectively resolve concerns/issues.
- Coordinate and conduct training on policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Monitor employee performance appraisal process; ensure the employee job description are updated annually and are reflective of work being done by employee
- Supervise office administration to ensure coverage of services including reception, office facility and security management, and space planning.
- Maintain and recommend changes to the employee handbook and procedures manual.
- Maintain contact with labor and social insurance authorities to seek for advice in variety of human resource activities including contract interpretations, employee relations and benefits management.
- Manage the company’s relationship with HR-related services, insurance brokers, service providers, and other appropriate vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and company policies; stay current on local employment law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Seek improvement through evaluation and recommendation for revision to policies and procedures.
- Support and provide guidance on HR processes within the region to include performance reviews, talent assessment and succession planning.
- Be a team player; help out with duties as assigned.
- University graduate with an HR discipline preferred but not mandatory
- At least 6+ years of experience in HR field with Asia regional and team lead responsibilities a plus.
- Competent knowledge of HK & China Employment Ordinance, Tax Regulations, Mandatory Provident Fund operation and other employment-related legislations
- Able to work in Hong Kong and China, as well as other Asia locations
- Strong PC skills, specifically in MS office applications
- Positive attitude with courteous and professional demeanor; able to maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and general public
- High integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; clear speaking voice; fluency of verbal and written Chinese, Cantonese, and English is required
- Must be accurate, detail-minded and self-motivated
- Well-organized and able to work under pressure
- Self-initiative, solid time management and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task in a busy environment, while willing to learn and take on new tasks
- Great attitude, flexible, adaptable, and willing to help out where needed
Mad Catz offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. If you possess the professional talent and meet the above mentioned qualifications, and you think you’ve got what it takes, send your resume to email@example.com Please include job title in the email subject field; submit resume in English; local candidates preferred. PLAY HARDER… PLAY TOGETHER… PLAY BETTER!